My investment strategy
January 23, 2023
This is not investment advice. This is just my personal “strategy.” I also work for Robinhood, but I pay for Robinhood Gold with my own money.
My investment strategy is pretty brainless.
First priority for me is retirement funds and other pre-tax savings:
- max out 401k and take advantage of company match
- max out HSA (on a high deductible plan for now)
- max out Roth IRA (if possible)
- keep commuter benefits filled
- put some money into ESPP (wasn’t able to max out previously)
After taxes, I split my paycheck:
- couple hundred goes into my bank’s checking account
- 50% VOO
- 10% QQQ
- 10% VTI
- 30% Robinhood Gold sweep (4.4% APY)
I will probably rebalance this if/when the rates go down, and/or the stock market improves. I will probably increase the investments in stocks vs. sweeps.
Edit: I found this Bogleheads wiki page that explains what I try to do, but better.